Adult Learning Courses
A highly skilled team of Tutors/Assessors provide a wide range of courses designed to improve skills, learn something new and support people moving into employment or to widen employment prospects. Courses are delivered in a range of accessible and convenient locations and are delivered by professional and experienced staff. Our exceptional support to learners is recognised by our most recent ‘Good’ rating by Ofsted.
Note to all Learners: In order to prioritise the safety and wellbeing of our learners and employees, we may need to adjust courses from what is published in this prospectus to comply with Government regulations and guidance. Wherever possible we will provide online learning alongside classroom-based activity. We will continue to work to ensure all learners have access to support with learning, skills and employment.
- Adult Learning courses in a range of subjects including English and maths, ICT, early years and childcare, counselling, hospitality and catering and construction and horticulture. Our offer includes courses for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities (ALDD) and a community and family learning offer covering subjects such as modern foreign languages, art and crafts, cookery, drama, dancing and digital photography.
- Distance Learning courses for those aged 19+ in a range of subjects including mental health awareness, behaviour that challenges, childhood illnesses, children and young people’s mental health.
- Apprenticeships for 16-18 and 19+ year olds in business administration, customer service, painting and decorating, construction and horticulture, early years and childcare, teaching and learning, youth work and hospitality and catering.
- Study Programmes and Traineeships for 16-19 year olds act as a progression route for young people to move into further learning, apprenticeships and employment.
- Alternative Education (Vocational Choices) offers a programme of support for pupils in Years 10 and 11 who are disengaging from the mainstream school curriculum and/or at risk of becoming Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET). Vocational support is provided for 1-2 days per week to reengage pupils back into learning.
- Volunteering opportunities to work with tutors to give extra support to our learners in classes such as English, maths and ICT, helping learners in preparation for work courses and supporting learners with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Making learning work for you with distance learning (FREE courses are available now!!)
We know that trying to get back into learning and fit study around busy lives can be hard at the best of times. At this difficult time when face to face learning cannot take place distance learning offers you the ideal way to take charge, studying at a pace and time that suits you in your own home, without the need to attend specific classes. Our distance learning courses offer free accredited training letting you try something new, specialise or take your skills further.
To check start dates and to enrol please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 0191 6432288.
We are adding new courses to undertake via distance learning all of the time. The current courses we have available are listed below. Click on them to find out more about the course: