COVID-19 Service Update:
The service continues to provide Adult Learning and training for Apprentices with Tutors providing online learning resources to ensure we continue to meet your learning and skills needs.
Making learning work for you with distance learning (Courses are available now!!)
We know that trying to get back into learning and fit study around busy lives can be hard at the best of times. At this difficult time when face to face learning cannot take place distance learning offers you the ideal way to take charge, studying at a pace and time that suits you in your own home, without the need to attend specific classes. Our distance learning courses offer free accredited training letting you try something new, specialise or take your skills further.
Download our leaflet Here to see which courses are available to study.
To check start dates and to enrol please e-mail us at email@example.com or call 0191 6432288 and leave us a message.
Adult Learning Courses
A highly skilled team of Tutors/Assessors provide a wide range of courses designed to improve skills, learn something new and support people moving into employment or to widen employment prospects. Courses are delivered in a range of accessible and convenient locations and are delivered by professional and experienced staff. Our exceptional support to learners is recognised by our most recent ‘Good’ rating by Ofsted.
Our latest prospectus for courses running between April and July 2020 is available here.
- Adult Learning courses in a range of subjects including English and maths, ICT, early years and childcare, counselling, hospitality and catering and construction and horticulture. Our offer includes courses for adults with learning difficulties and disabilities (ALDD) and a community and family learning offer covering subjects such as modern foreign languages, art and crafts, cookery, drama, dancing and digital photography.
- Distance Learning courses for those aged 19+ in a range of subjects including mental health awareness, behaviour that challenges, childhood illnesses, children and young people’s mental health.
- Apprenticeships for 16-18 and 19+ year olds in business administration, customer service, painting and decorating, construction and horticulture, early years and childcare, teaching and learning, youth work and hospitality and catering.
- Study Programmes and Traineeships for 16-19 year olds act as a progression route for young people to move into further learning, apprenticeships and employment.
- Alternative Education (Vocational Choices) offers a programme of support for pupils in Years 10 and 11 who are disengaging from the mainstream school curriculum and/or at risk of becoming Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET). Vocational support is provided for 1-2 days per week to reengage pupils back into learning.
- Volunteering opportunities to work with tutors to give extra support to our learners in classes such as English, maths and ICT, helping learners in preparation for work courses and supporting learners with learning difficulties and disabilities.
Cookery and Catering
Art and Design
English and Maths
Health and Wellbeing
Language and Literature
Teaching & Learning
Working with Children & Young People
Preparing for adulthood pathways for SEND learners
Find a Course
British Sign Language (3)
Business and Customer Service (8)
Cookery & Catering (15)
Creative Crafts, Art & Design (19)
Creative Writing (1)
Digital Photography (4)
Distance learning (7)
English & Maths (10)
Health & Wellbeing (13)
Horticulture and Environmental Services (6)
Languages & Literature (24)
Lifestyle Choices (32)
Management and Team Leading (8)
Teaching & Learning Support (14)
Working with Children & Young People (15)