We held an Employability Information Event at Wallsend CFC on 3rd July 2019, which was really productive with around 45 attendees. There was a mixture of professionals and local residents who were interested to find out more about our employability projects. Residents commented that they did not know so much help was available in North Tyneside. There is support available for anyone who wants to find work, training or volunteering opportunities. The projects include:
• Generation North East – specifically for 18-29 year olds
• Working Homes – specifically for social housing tenants (council and other registered providers)
• Moving on Tyne and Wear – specifically for anyone with a health condition
• Wise Steps – specifically for those with multiple or complex barriers to employment
• Employment & Skills – specifically for under employed and low income residents
• Recruit Silverlink – specifically working with businesses to see the potential in local people for their organisation.
We will be holding further events with partners to raise awareness of the support available across the Borough.